Ingalls & Associates provided construction survey and engineering services for the replacement of the Lake Champlain Bridge, which connects New York and Vermont. The bridge, which conveys New York State Route 185 over Lake Champlain, was demolished by New York State Department of Transportation in December of 2009 due to unsafe conditions. Ingalls tasks included establishment of baseline and survey control, GPS survey, right of way monuments, on-site construction layout of bridge superstructure, SWPPP monitoring and Geotechnical l investigation & foundation reporting for arch span assembly site.
- Establishment of baseline and survey control
- GPS survey
- Establishment of right of way monumentation & certification
- On-site construction layout of bridge superstructure
- Preparation of SWPPP for Vermont approaches
- Construction phase SWPPP consultation & progress modification
- Geotechnical investigation & foundation reporting for arch span assembly site